Wednesday 17 March 2010

Spring/Summer 2010

I have to say, that after watching several samples of the catwalk shows from this Spring's Fashion Weeks across the globe, that the Alexander McQueen really caught my eye, as it always does. I must confess to being a bit of a McQueen junkie, and this late collection just exhibited his talents so wonderfully; a true tribute to a gifted genius. His inspiration apparently taken from the natural world (though teamed up with a little 'space age' I'm thinking) is definitely apparent in several of the key pieces, one of these having been worn by Naomi Campbell to the Elle Style Awards.


Alexander Mcqueen S/S 2010

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

My true fashion God. Although I have to confess I am not a fan of the shoes - they remind me of dinosaurs. Don't ask. But you have to hand it to him, they are kooky and unique. And whilst his pieces are somewhat outrageous at times, they are mostly ready to wear pieces; another enviable trait of McQueen's work, they are wearable whilst still being wild and stand-outish enough. Bravo Lee McQueen. R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment