Friday 7 May 2010

Styling

Anticipating my degree that I will start later this year, I was thinking about potential careers the other day and there are just so many that I would love! But one that I have always considered to be awesome is styling. I mean who wouldn't love a job that involved lots of shopping and choosing outfits that make people feel good about themselves right?
I noticed that there have been several articles in magazines of late on Celebrity styling - Glamour, Vogue and Elle have all printed such editorials - and I have to say I knew it was intense but I don't think I realized how intense exactly! Although all the stories, which involve hair extensions being pulled out of sick, bribing designers and 3 hours of sleep a night MAX, sound ultimately stressful and a little horrifying. Still, how amazing would it be to look at a gorgeous woman sweeping down the red carpet in an outfit that so much effort had gone into finding? You could make a woman's night, career even. So much impact yet so little credit is given!
Rachel Zoe - god of styling - who has styled celebrities such as Kate Beckinsale; Kate Hudson; Cameron Diaz, Lindsay Lohan and Demi Moore to name only a few is such a power figure within the industry and I've decided that if I could have even an inch of her success within this field then all the stress would be totally worth it! Whoever said fashion wasn't rewarding ?!
So many options and all so amazingly awesomely exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment