Sunday 16 October 2011

Week Three

I started the week in the Jersey department this time, so far my favourite few days at Monsoon. I was hoping to gain a little more responsibility as the longest standing intern, this proved to be right and I gradually took on more and more as this week progressed. I had to compile Best and Worst sheets, stickers and organise month’s worth of samples and lab dips.
Source: Monsoon website (These were a couple of the garments discussed in the office whilst I interned.)

Again, I was learning more and more about the role of a BA and I really enjoyed this for the reason that it really allowed me to form opinions about what sort of experience I would like to undertake next. The time I spent back in Trousers and Outerwear this week were spent doing more labels, meeting and greeting suppliers, liaising with stores to get staff feedback on product etc., carrying out trend research for SS12 product. 


I also managed to visit both the VM department and Press Office, which I really enjoyed, as I feel that although I have enjoyed my experience, I may be better off following a slightly more creative direction. The mock shops were particularly fascinating to see as I got a better understanding of how they determine VM and an insight into what the Monsoon store ‘re-vamp’ was going to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment