Monday 19 September 2011

Richard Nicoll SS12

Source: LondonFashionWeek.com

I know the 15 images above are a little difficult to take in all at once, and for that I apologise, but when it came to the Richard Nicoll SS12 collection I couldn't help but be greedy. For a start the colour palette, for me, was divine, and unconventional choices for a SS collection. As an avid blue-lover, the pastel, oceanic tones accented with almost fluorescent aqua was a breath of fresh air, which were only complimented by the futuristic zeitgeist of the 1960s. 

The contrast between beautiful sheer fabrics and shiny PVC materials really embodied the mood of the era and combined both beauty and space age innovation. A combination of shifts, loose trousers, hooped details on long skirts; with a dash of sweetheart necklines creates a powerful reflection of the era and Nicoll's incredible talent as a designer. An era that I love but do not often refer to in my personal sense of style, Nicoll has definitely persuaded me in the direction of some swinging choices for my SS12 wardrobe.

To see the complete Richard Nicoll show and others from LFW click here

No comments:

Post a Comment