Friday 30 March 2012

Simone Rocha FW12



I know I'm a little late on posting about the Fashion Week hype this season as numerous University projects and some netball commitments have been occupying every waking hour I have had up until this week. So here I thought I would finally share with you one of my favourite new designers on the London fashion scene.
I first heard about Simone Rocha last year, a young London designer pioneered by the BFC and of course, Topshop. A few items on the Topshop website immediately caught my eye and in researching her a little more it was soon apparent that she is the daughter of LFW regular John Rocha - no guessing where her talent came from.

Nonetheless she is a designer in her own right, and definitely one to watch for the next couple of seasons. Her F/W collection incorporated a collation of different textures ranging from underlays and overlays of chiffon, transparent PVC, knits and mohair (and we're just getting started). The contrast of such beautiful materials and feminine look of the garments combined with tailoured shapes and a near enough monochrome palette makes for a collection that is to die for and I will definitely be taking inspiration from this for my Autumn wardrobe, the only trouble is I want it all now.





Source: Trendland

No comments:

Post a Comment